Monday, February 7, 2011

Need to Get Motivated? 10 Songs to Kick it Into Gear

By Angela Cooley

Everyone has a hard time getting motivated from time to time, and the recent snow recess proved no exception. Students throughout the Midwest pondered that critical dilemma: do I use this snow day to forge ahead on that important project looming ominously on the horizon, or to indulge in an all-day marathon of watching Dexter and “decorating” the neighborhood snowmen with Hawaiian Punch?

When the landscape around you is constantly screaming “SLED ON ME,” it can be hard to buckle down and get to work, but unexpected free time really is a great chance to accomplish all those things that are simmering on your back burner. With Liberal Arts Career Week just around the corner, this is no time to futz around—there’s an elevator pitch contest, resume reviews, a career fair, and so many networking opportunities to prepare for! When I’m not feeling particularly motivated, I find that the right music can really kick me into gear and get me to focus on the task at hand. So, in the hopes that we can all overcome the powerful urge to hibernate until spring, I present to you my top ten GET PUMPED* songs. 

*Most effective when taken with regular doses of RANDOM DANCING.
Share your favorite “get pumped” songs in the comments!

1 comment:

  1. We should make a LACD Career Week pump up play list... I love your post!

    ReplyDelete