Thursday, March 3, 2011

I may be social media obsessed...

By: Stephanie Grebe

After Social Media day of Career Week, I cannot seem to read enough about the future of communication. Technology that I use to write off as personal is now turning professional, and there are new techniques every day to marketing yourself online. Here are my top sites I am following to stay updated on the role of social media in my professional life.

1. Social Media Today is my new favorite blog site. The content covers all aspects of social media including techniques, trends, what to do, what not to do, and opinions. According to their page, "Every day, we provide insight and host lively debate about the tools, platforms, companies and personalities that are revolutionizing the way we consume information." Anyone can sign up to blog, and it is a fantastic way to learn the hot topics of social media. I love following them on Twitter and Facebook



 


2. Mashable is a fantastic news source for all web technology, and social media is just one of their many areas of expertise. This blog site is a great way to stay updated on the newest technology information, and they are incredibly active on Twitter!



3. Kyle Lacy is a social media marketing expert, who authored Twitter Marketing for Dummies. After he came to speak at Purdue last week, I started following his blog. He has a very unique voice and provides information that is currently and relevant to our generation. On his blog, he breaks down social media so anyone can understand! He is also very interesting to follow on Twitter because he retweets other social media guru's blogs.


    These are just a few starting points to staying up to date on social media! With such a powerful personal branding tool at our fingertips, I encourage all students to begin using these resources to master their online identity!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment