Friday, July 29, 2011

CRI

Hillel Sapir

In the last two weeks John, my supervisor, and I have worked over 200 hours so that we could finish all our data analysis in time for our annual meeting with our CRI supervisor, Dr. Kathryn Bowen.  Completing all this data was one of the most enjoyable and stressful activities in which I have ever taken part.  It truly was amazing to see all the program staff and our hard work take form and become something which we could all proud.  Of course the work and time to create such a document was intensive.  Many of the control number and national statistics were not available in the forms we needed, and therefore we had to calculate all our baseline numbers from the census bureau.  Once we had entered all our data into databases and calculated all our own statistics and numbers, the creation of the presentation was quite simple, though time consuming.  It took a few days to take our data, transcribe the numbers into viable graphs and charts and then create a presentation.

On Monday the 25th, the entire Indiana evaluation division and grant program staff attended our annual meeting at Columbus, IN.  This meet was to help disseminate and introduce each grant’s findings to the other respective Indiana grants.  It also allowed for our evaluation and program staff to meet with Dr. Bowen.  Following this six hour meeting, everyone drove back to Bloomington for dinner.

On Tuesday Dr. Bowen conducted individual evaluations for each CRI employee.  As I am currently an Intern, I introduced Jennifer Lockman, one of the Tennessee CRI members to the city of Bloomington.  Following these evaluation meetings, Dr. Bowen interviewed me for hire.  Having worked for CRI for the past 3 months, Dr. Bowen had seen much of my work, but an interview is still one of the most important aspects of hire.  During the interview I was asked questions concerning my educational background, my application of knowledge, my social abilities, future goals and aspirations, and time commitment.  With the help of letters of recommendation, Dr. Bowen offered me a full time position as a research assistant. 

No comments:

Post a Comment