Thursday, July 7, 2011

Week 5

By: Adam Brockman This week in my internship I have had many very experiences and some of which have been the hardest experiences in my life. Our county receive a call from Carrol county for assistance on a search and recovery of a victim in lake freeman. I was somewhat previously informed of the details of the case but did not realize the effect it would have on me. I got up at 5 a.m. Tuesday morning to head to lake Freeman to look for my lost teammate. We found him in the water and I was able to identify him for the sheriffs office. I wrapped up on that scene and went home where I tried to relax. After a few hours at home I got a call to come back in to work because another body had been found in the river. I arrived on scene to observe the investigation. I fisnshed my night at 3 am after a bomb squad call out.
This was one of the longest days of my life. After 23 hours of being up and very drained I headed home a bit rattled from a day like that but took solace in the fact that it only reinforced my certainty that I am going into the correct career field. I also witnessed my first autopsy and worked in detectives this week but those seem like minor things after I had experienced what Tuesday brought.

No comments:

Post a Comment