Saturday, July 16, 2011

Week 6

By: Adam Brockman  This week was one of my busier weeks in my internship I had work 3 days an a shooting class the other 2.  I started the week off in K9 training which as I have talked about before is very interesting to say the least.  Those dogs are extremely intense and hard working.  Tuesday I worked as a bailiff at the court house which is also very interesting because I can sit and observe the other side of the law and see how people plead guilty or not.  On Wednesday and Thursday I had my Carbine shooting class.  A Carbine is any weapon on a .223 caliber platform.  We were using an M4 long rifle.  The instructor was one of the best instructors in the world, Pat Rogers.  He has been all over the world and taught some of the best shooters in the world. I learned a lot from this class over the 2 day period and learned a lot of practical application for how I can use this in my career choice.  At the end of the class we did qualification on our rifles and I finished as the top shooter in the class.  It was a good feeling to know that I had done that because this was the first formal training I have had on a Carbine.  I finished up my week in the Jail last night from 6p- 2a.  The jail is a little slow but it is very good learning experience for how to work with criminals.  It is the most dangerous place in the county because everyone there is a criminal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment