Friday, October 7, 2011

First Project Manager Experience

by: Tiffany Smock


Last Friday was the Advance Yourself Graduate Fair that I have been a project manager for and have been planning for weeks now. It was the most incredible feeling ever to see this event come to life and see how all my hard work had paid off. Now the journey was anything but smooth, but looking back on it now it was one of the most influential times of my work experience so far.

In the beginning, it didn't hit me how large of a project I had decided to take on. Having never done something like this before I was excited and nervous about my first event. I was in charge of delegating to my fellow interns as well as numerous other activities. All of the responsibilities were a little overwhelming at first but I did eventually get the hang of it.

It was a learning process for me as I continued to make mistakes but also grow and learn from them. I have gained so much experience in leadership as well as confidence in myself. As I mentioned before, the feeling I had on the day of the fair was amazing. I felt so accomplished and was proud of the work I had done.

This internship has taught me so much and it's not even over yet! I anxiously await for the new challenges this internship will hold for me and hope that I will have more moments like what I experiences last Friday.

Words of Advice: Don't ever doubt what you are capable of. Your greatest weakness and enemy is none other than yourself. Don't stand in your own way when it comes to achieving great things. Everyone has the potential to shine so allow yourself to do so. You won't regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment