Monday, November 28, 2011

Head Start Internship Blog

For the past couple of months I have been working with the Head Start Program in Flora Indiana. The program is based out of an elementary school in Carroll County called Carrol Elementary School. I have played a major role in the classroom throughout the last couple of months. I have done little things such as setting the tables for snack and lunch, and larger more important things such as observing the kids and entering them into the system and participating and helping out with Brigance screenings for the kids. The thing I love most is playing with the kids obviously! They are so adorable. Most of these kids come from low income families and do not live under the best circumstances, but you would never know it. The kids walk in the classroom with big smiles on their faces and run up to me and give me hugs and it instantly makes me day better. I always look forward to coming to work every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, even though it is a challenge at times and the kids can be difficult, it has been a very rewarding experience. I am on a lunch break right now and will be writing more about my day later!

No comments:

Post a Comment