Monday, December 12, 2011

Goodbye Semester

by: Tiffany Smock


The semester is over as is my internship with the Liberal Arts Career Development office. I have really enjoyed my time here and there are lessons learned that I will always remember. I've learned so much during my internship and it's a bittersweet feeling to be leaving.

This was my first internship experience and I'm so happy that it was at the LACD. From project managing the Advance Yourself Graduate School fair to designing flyers I can't even begin to explain all of the skills that I learned during my internship! But I am going to try and list just a few things that I really took away from the experience.

First, I learned how teamwork can be a good thing. Now I know that many people have had bad experiences working in group projects, but at this internship I've seen how it can also be a good thing when everyone works together.

Second, I learned how to better manage my time. With a full class load, being involved in clubs, and my internship I knew that I needed to get on track with my schedule. I wrote everything down and while it was tricky at first, I did eventually get the hang of it and ended up with some great time management skills!

And lastly, I learned the importance of internships. I know that so many people tell students about it and yes we all know it's the truth, but after being a part of one I now realize just how important it is. I feel that I'm still learning all that I need to in order to function in the working world and this internship was a great starting point. I don't know what I would have done if I had blindly entered the workforce not knowing what to expect!

I want to thank the entire LACD team and interns for a wonderful internship experience! I had fun and learned a ton! I hope that Career Week is even better than last year's!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment