Sunday, February 26, 2012

Accomplished

There aren't many feelings out there like the feeling of accomplishment. For the past three months I, along with the other LACD interns, have been busting our behinds on this year's Career Week. It was exciting watching the progress we made - donations we acquired, speakers we confirmed and businesses that registered for the Career Exploration Fair. Now, after many hours logged, Career Week is right around the corner and it'll be "Go-Time" before we know it.

When I first accepted the offer to be project manager for Career Week, I was a little nervous that I was about to take on too much. I already had another internship and I was taking 18 credit hours. Nevertheless, I was up for the challenge. The past few months have definitely had days that tried me, but I came out on top every time. That feeling, the feeling of accomplishment, is so gratifying and the perfect pick-me-up after all the work.

There was a time where I felt like I could have or should have done more, but now I know I should be proud of what I did and embrace that accomplishment, not try to brush it off. Every accomplishment, big or small, is something to be aware and proud of. Now, 2 days away from Career Week, I hope that the people who attend and participate in our events appreciate the hard work that went into it and learn something from the events to help garner accomplishments for themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment