Monday, February 6, 2012

Teamwork: A Superbowl Working Experience

By Lauren Farmer

Hi all! This week I would like to share my work experience from this past weekend during the Superbowl.  This extra job that I picked up just for the weekend really opened my eyes to how a business works and how many great people it takes to make it all run smoothly.

Over the weekend I worked as a VIP hostess for St. Elmo Steakhouse in Indianapolis as extra help for the Superbowl since the restaurant was booked with reservations and celebrity private events.  It was such a great experience, one for the atmosphere of excitement for the Superbowl and two for the great work experience I gained from it.  So many people are needed for something as big as this world wide event and St. Elmo did a great job in making it very successful. Chefs, servers, bartenders, bussers, food runners, hostesses, managers, coordinators, owner, and even answering the phone are all a part of what made this business successful over the busy weekend. Without one of them, the whole operation would have fallen apart.

It was great to be a part of this establishment and see how a big business runs. I would highly recommend doing internships before getting out into the business world so you can see how things work and gain experience.  I am very glad I had this opportunity and I hope you all have one as well! And remember, it takes more than one person to make a business of any kind be what it is. So any job you may be aspiring to just remember that even if you have a small job and wish that you were something more important, your job is just as important to help the whole business run.

No comments:

Post a Comment