Friday, March 23, 2012

Post Spring Break

By Yameng Zhang

Spring break is a gift. We go on a trip to get rid of our stresses or crunch at home to take a breath after the tide-scheduled school works. The excitement of spring break has been over for a week, everyone is trying to get back to track on business, because what comes after the break is another round of high pace time chasing hard work.

We are out of the break, but seriously, are we? I don't know what you are at, but I am weirdly feeling low for nothing. Every morning, I know I have to get up but I can hardly get my eyes open. I guess this is what a shrink would call the “post-holiday syndrome”. Feeling blue and finding difficulty to function normally are the most common symptoms. If you are having any of the two symptoms, don’t overact, just follow some tips and you'll be fine.

Make a list
There must be things you need to do and may be they are cluttering your mind. There can be things that start falling apart and errands you need to handle. No matter how bad the situation seems like for you, get yourself together to make a list. List what you need to do in order. Stick to the list, whenever you are done with one thing, cross off it from your list. Believe it or not, when you see the things on your list are being crossed off one by one, you will be half way to your usual rhythm.

Be around people
When you are blue, be away from your blue friends for a while, otherwise both of you may turn bluer. Hang out with colorful people. If you don’t want to talk, just be quite and listen to the laughter, watch their laughing face and squeeze out a reason to laugh. Being alone can only make you bluer if you are already blue, so anyway, go out, find a crowd of laughter and stick around.

Eat like a kid
When I was a kid, chocolate, candies and chicken nuggets were my favorite but my parents never let me have enough. Give yourself a treat. Forget about diet, workout plan and healthy lifestyle. Have something that you are long for as a kid, have some childhood favorite food. Buy yourself an ice cream. I know this trick works almost on everybody.

It is common to take a break and can't get out of it, no worries. If you are blue, try if you can be the bluest one. If you lose your clue of work, don't give up but pick them up and deal with it. If none of these tips work on you, I bet you had a good break.

No comments:

Post a Comment