Saturday, August 25, 2012

It is Time


By Yameng Zhang

Summer has always been wonderful, the most enjoyable time of a year. The more relaxed I got during a summer, the more intense I feel when school begins. So every year when the end of August comes, I intended to mentally prepare myself for a transformation. Unfortunately, the first week of school proved that I am not ready yet there is no time. What I wish is that it is the case for all students. It is time, the time to face the fact that summer is gone and school is here.

I have a topic that I don’t want to bring up; however, it is ringing bells and making noises all the time in my head. I bet there is at least one in everyone’s head. I keep asking my friends and classmates what’s your plan after graduation, while I am afraid I may be asked the same question. It becomes a terrifying question for me when the time comes. Work or study? It is time to decide.

There is no good to open the doors to both paths, because you barely can. I believe if there is no determination, then good results can rarely come out. What happens on me is that when I was job searching, I stopped times when there are potential opportunities, what happened is that I hesitated, I questioned myself that if that is what I really want. What is happening on me is that I am preparing for graduate school, but I never looked into schools about their major requirement or application process. This is the problem. I have no clear plan, what I have is a list of things that I don’t want to do, what is left is still a whole world that full of options. Nonetheless, it is time, the time to determine who you want to be and find the way to be it.

Time has come, so please seize the day. Clear the mind, find the clue, stick to the plan and never hesitate.

School has come, so please switch the mode. Clean the room, find a place, spread out the books and start reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment