Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Research and then research again

It's day three of the often called "syllabus week" but that doesn't mean we're slacking off here at the LACD office! Our team has started working on some great projects for this semester and I'm really excited to see how things unfold.

One thing that I think it integral to any project is research. No matter what your major or career field, research should always be one of the starting points of a project. Even in my major (Visual Communications Design) I never underestimate how important research is going to be. Researching my topic or subject matter allows me to become more knowledgeable about what I'm working with, it helps me when coming up with ideas for the project and it allows the project to become more credible (it's very hard to argue with someone who's done their research).

Not only is research necessary when working on projects, it can also be helpful in the job market. Whether you are looking for an internship or a job after graduation, researching companies and getting to know what they're all about will help you TREMENDOUSLY. There's nothing more embarrassing than being in an interview when they ask the question "Why do you want to work for us?" and not having an answer. Being knowledgeable about the company and its mission will definitely make a good impression on the interviewer or job recruiter.

What have we learned today? Research everything. If you don't know what you're talking about or working on, things are not going to go well.

No comments:

Post a Comment