Friday, October 19, 2012

Be Somebody

By Yameng Zhang
People argue “it’s all about who we know”. This may sounds silly, but I couldn’t help recalling a conversation between Samantha and Carrie in Sex and the City. Samantha said “you are publishing a book, that’s fabulous, and that even makes me more fabulous”. That’s kinda my point.

Knowing somebody is not enough, becoming one that others will be excited to meet with should be a new goal, which may not need a Guinness World Record but some state of mind.

  •     Respect everyone

I meant everyone, no exception. We all have strength and weakness, and I can’t help being intimidated by others’ superiority or annoyed by one’s incapability to some extent. However, no matter who I am referring to, there is always a part of the person that is superior, and that part deserves people’s respect. You may not see it, I may not see it, but there is always something in a human being that we should worship.

  •     Look up to ourselves

Be proud of yourselves for being who you are, so even when the last day came that everyone teases you, you can be a fan of your own. This may sounds desperate, however, being proud of ourselves should weigh more than anyone else’s applause. I am saying this because I feel no matter how confident I am in front of people, there are always parts of me doubting if I am just bluffing and questioning where the confidence is coming from. I hope you are proud of yourselves already, with no doubt or any question.

  •   Bring the figure out

Act as we have got everything, but not arrogantly. I believe we see people from their figures, which are the only things we can physically and directly see, so it makes the figures matter. Walk with the head up and talk with the eyes sparkling, especially when we are confronting people we are not familiar with. Maybe it is just me, but I do need to see to believe.

Today, I messed up and lost the whole thing that I have worked for weeks. I know it happens, and it may still happen, but by knowing I am in good hands, I feel relief and I am ready to move on because I believe we all are somebody, who can make others more fabulous. 

No comments:

Post a Comment