Monday, July 1, 2013

Week Seven: Newly Graduated, Rejected Again

By Sarah-Jean Murray
Rejection is apparently becoming a staple in my life. I got rejected from a really terrific job. This was a job position that I was really excited about (and turned down another offer for). The responsibilities I would have taken on were exactly what I’ve been doing for the past couple of years and it was one of the few job postings I had found that had really excited me. However, they hired someone with more experience (every time). The person who interviewed me said the interview went really well and he enjoyed talking with me, but that they had decided to go with someone who had a little more experience in the field. Yes I did send a thank you note and I prepared really well for that interview, but sometimes things don’t work out. Maybe that wasn’t the job for me or maybe I have to grow a little bit more professionally. I know that I did the best I could and gave it my all. I am proud of being chosen out of 200 applicants to come in for an interview so it’s not all bad. I just have to keep pushing myself and keep applying to more jobs. The fun never stops.
no job
I don’t really have a lesson for this week. I would talk about rejection again (since I just experienced that for the second time) but I have already discussed that in length in one of my previous posts. On the up side, I did have another interview today so that’s something I’m pretty excited about. Fingers crossed, I hear something back next week.
As always, keep applying and keep your chins up! Being positive will get you much further than being negative.

No comments:

Post a Comment