Monday, June 13, 2011

AdamTBrockman

I started my first week in the jail which is an eye opening experience all to itself.  Most people go to work every day and they have colleges and associates.  Jailers or correction officers go to work everyday in the most dangerous place in the county because every single person they work with is a criminal.  Its a fairly simple and to the point job, keep yourself and the inmates safe.  This is very easy to say and not that easy to do.  There is constant interaction through out the day with inmates who are cooperating and some who aren't. Most of the inmates are pretty easy to work with.  Treat them with respect and they will return the favor.
My second job of the week was at SRT training, which stands for Special Response Team.  This was very exciting and fun though as an intern I didn't get to do much I was still able to participate in some of the drills and learn a lot. This something I will want to be a part once I get a job. 
My final task of the week was WRT training or Water Rescue Team.  This again was a very big learning experience and because we weren't using any live rounds I was able to participate in all of the exercises.

No comments:

Post a Comment