Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Relax and Restart

As the weeks of classes go by and midterms quickly approach, we may feel the need to rush and get things done. Of course we should be meeting our deadlines but we should never forget to take some moments to relax and then restart. I know I have the tendency to stuff too much things into my schedule and try to get them all finished. This may result in me having a burnout or even getting sick from too much stress. I have to constantly remind myself to take maybe even half an hour to relax, read a book, do something not related to school.
Relaxing allows us to recharge our batteries and refresh our minds. After working on a project or assignment for a couple of hours, you should take a break and step away from the project. Then restart. This will help bring a fresh perspective to the situation and it will definitely help with any frustrations that may be building help.
"But there's no time!" you might say. Well make time. Perhaps before bed, take some time to read a book or do a Sudoku puzzle. Wake up half an hour earlier and do some yoga before starting the day. There are many ways to put some relax time into your day. It's something I believe is very important and something we should be incorporating into the hustle and bustle of our daily lives. I know tonight I'll be curling up with a book and a cup of tea after finishing a busy day. Then I'll be ready to take on the world Thursday morning, relaxed and restarted!

No comments:

Post a Comment