Saturday, October 27, 2012

Making Headway

By Corinne Feight


So it’s official! As of October 25, the LACD team has officially chosen all of the events for Career Week and the time schedule. I am getting so excited. We have so many engaging events planned and many (MANY!) speakers coming in to inspire you! Some of which you may be familiar with. Our speakers this year range from students to young business leaders to professors on campus. I feel like we have made so much headway already, but I know I still have a very long road ahead of us. Still, it feels really good to know the layout for all the days. Next on our plate is start accumulating the prizes for the events and the grand prize, which I won’t be announcing just yet. I will begin to start relying more heavily on our team, I just hope they are all ready for the chaos that is planning Career Week! We have definitely come a long way from just theoretical ideas and visions of the theme to now concrete examples of what we want to showcase.

We will start to advertise and publicize Career Week as early as January of next year, but here’s is a sneak preview of our days.

Day 1 – Myth Busters
Day 2 – Entrepreneurship
Day 3 – Career Basics
Day 4 – Career Expo: Shattering the Illusion

I have an awesome team behind me and they are all stand behind my crazy ideas, which says a lot. I cannot wait to add more people to our team even though it will mean losing Teri to graduation. Come spring semester, we should have about three more interns on our team that will be helping with Career Week and blogging just as much as me. The flyer will go out soon and I hope to see everyone at the interviews, as I’ll need all the help I can get!

No comments:

Post a Comment