Saturday, October 27, 2012

Play hard, work harder

By Yameng Zhang

It is the magic month of a year, everything automatically turns into a festive mode even though the vacation has not come and the exams are right there. I love October, I hate October.

What can we do to suppress the distraction?

Actually, it is not something that is distracting us, it is just a distraction coming from the mind. It does become harder to concentrate when everyone is dressed in custom on the street and ready to party. However, it is our mind needs to remind us that there are things to do and school is not over yet. There am something I am doing to keep me in the right mode.

Keep up the schedule

No one likes to work on deadlines, it is distressed and it rarely turns out well. So, I always keep my schedule handy and make sure that I can have things done as soon as possible. It is always better to finish earlier than right before the due date.

Know the priority

People have birthday and October has Halloween. We can’t go to every friend’s birthday party, just like it is unrealistic to make it to every festival. However, we should catch the important ones, and knowing the priority is how we make it.

Indulge, but indulge responsibly

That’s the good part of being an adult, we can indulge whenever we want. I won't say "but" because we all know the responsibility comes with our adulthood. We are responsible for every indulgence that we choose, which should worth the time and the things that run off.

 It is October, I have to stay in the school mode but I do need some fun, otherwise what's the point of working hard? So, I will go to a party and I will wake up early.

No comments:

Post a Comment