Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Three tips for a busy student

By Sarah-Jean Murray

Things are really starting to get hectic. I just had my last advising appointment ever as a senior and discussed spring semester with my adviser including the details for graduation. I've been studying for midterms, writing papers, reading books for class and working on projects for LACD. Plans for Career Week have been slowly falling into place and I've had to think of events for Day 2. On top of that I've also had my job.

No one told me senior year was going to be this crazy. There are some tips I have to getting through that crazy part of the semester.

Organize: I never go anywhere without my planner. Everything is written down and noted. My class schedule, work schedule and project dates are all written down and marked according to importance. I believe that this type of organization will definitely translate into the career world. There are constant deadlines that HAVE to met. Writing these down and keeping track will help.

Don't procrastinate: We all procrastinate. We get that project or paper and we think to ourselves "Well I don't have to start on this right now". False! Get started right away! Getting it finished now will prevent any last minute stress and frantic rushing around.

Sleep: As a college student, it's easy to pull all-nighters believing its for the greater good. However this causes productivity levels to go way down and cause a zombie-like state for the rest of the day. How can you get plenty of sleep and feel refreshed? Organize, don't procrastinate and you'll be able to get enough sleep to stay wide awake during the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment