Monday, April 7, 2014

Types of "Smart" in the Workplace

Written By: C Raven Anderson

Have you ever wondered how you and your strengths are going to fit into an organization? Well, I recently saw an infographic that breaks up the different types of "smart" and how they fit into an organization. This to me was an incredible find, because I have been scoffed at when someone found out I was in the college of Liberal Arts. As a Liberal Arts major, I have been looked down upon because my degree is "easy" or someone doesn't have to be "smart" to graduate. This is entirely false.

I have had to work my butt off the entire time I have been at Purdue University. Just because I am not good at math or science does not mean that I am not "smart", and it does not mean that you are not "smart" either. We, as Liberal Arts students, have different skills and strengths. We have the smarts when it comes to being creative, using linguistics,  and our interpersonal and intra-personal skills.

Knowing how to use your skills and strengths to your advantage is key to your success. If you persevere and take the time to invest in your future you will be successful! Check out the infographic, that I mentioned earlier, to see where your "smart" fits in at the workplace!


http://theundercoverrecruiter.com/intelligence-fit-workplace/

No comments:

Post a Comment