Wednesday, January 20, 2016

How I Prioritize

I find that I can best prioritize when I draw things out on my whiteboard at home.  Being the visual person I am, creating a map of sorts really helps me out.  When creating my weekly “map," I categorize by each class and have a different shape for each class..circle for web design class, square for my Classics class etc.  Inside the shapes, I write as well as sketch the things I need to do and by what date.  By the end of the week, the map usually ends up a little jumbled but it still makes sense to me. 

A map or visual drawings may not help everyone to prioritize. I know many of my friends are super neat and have their schedules and to-dos written in what looks like perfect script in their neat little columns and every week looks about the same..it’s all in what works for you.  One of my friends is extremely organized with her white board. She is precise to the point that if I changed just one little letter or put a smile or something minute on her board, she would realize it within no time.  Of course it was fun messing with her while it lasted. 


Prioritizing with scheduling as well as with note taking is very important.  Some of us are highlighter people, some underline, or put shapes around certain key words, and some are doodlers, like myself.  When taking notes in class I prefer to sketch things out that are important. For me, sketching is the best way to get material to sink in. when I'm in a hurry, I can usually sketch something legible, but there are times I resort to different colored highlighters.





No comments:

Post a Comment