Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Three Time Management Tips I Wish I Knew a Long Time Ago

Three Time Management Tips I Wish I Knew a Long Time Ago
Emily Larrabee

As a senior in college, you would think that my time management skill would be impeccable. While I may be better at managing my time than some of my fellow peers, I could still step up my game. These are three time management tips that I wish I would have known a long time ago.

1.      Make sure you know what you are capable of.
If you are able to stay up 4 a.m. and study for that upcoming test, then go for it. If you aren’t, then make sure you block out a time during the day where you can sit and study. Make sure to ask the question, “Will I really commit to this at this time”? If you don’t think you will, then you should reconsider another time or day to complete the task at hand.

2.     Energy Management is just as important
Filling up your schedule can sneak up on you. Making sure you have enough energy to complete all those tasks is key. If one task requires more energy than others, making sure you schedule a break in your day can help you recharge. Having this break can help you more effectively do you job. Sometimes getting caught up in our work can cause us to not live in the moment. Make sure you make some time for yourself.

3.     Track ahead
Think of this step as a game of chess. You are always planning your next move and the move after that. Anticipating their next move is and adapting is how successful people win the game. Thinking ahead to what the next project, task, or job will help you to successfully manage your life without causing a mild heart attack. Always plan ahead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment