Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Finding Balance

As a college student I feel like I am always searching for balance in my busy life, and I know I am not alone. Many of my friends tell me about how they have to shift their schedules around because things come up that take priority over others. It is very difficult to keep that “perfectly consistent schedule” as a college student.  With so many goals and things to do all clashing at once, it becomes a challenge to keep calm and stay balanced. 

People who don’t know me quite as well say that I am pretty good with keeping my cool in pressured situations. Where as many of my closer friends tell me to calm down and quit freaking out about everything.  Slowly over the years here at Purdue, I have acquired the grand skills of multitasking and thinking quick on my feet.  Having these skills has helped me avoid stressing more than I need to, if at all.


I would have to say one of the most valuable lessons Purdue has taught me is finding my balance and getting through any challenge in a rational way. This was such a crucial lesson for me to learn as a young adult. I know it is so important in the professional world to keep a healthy balance of all priorities that arise and to handle them one by one in a methodical sense.  Purdue has made me aware of many valid realizations within society. 

When I graduate Purdue in a year, I know that the school has opened my eyes to cultural awareness as well as the many diverse majors made known to me by many good friends. This will translate into the professional world. Finding balance in life however, still remains the most important cognizance I have gained from this University thus far. 

No comments:

Post a Comment